Set up the AntsRoute module for Shopify site using Zapiet
- Have an AntsRoute account;
- Recover an API key on AntsRoute;
- Have a Zapiet account;
- Delivery date and time picker enabled in Store Pickup + Delivery.
Note: To allow the customer to choose a delivery date, go to ‘Store Pickup + Delivery > Settings > Local delivery > Date and time pickers.
Get an API key from AntsRoute
- Click on the ‘Integrations’ tab from your profimle.
- Click on ‘API keys’.
- Click on the ‘Add’ button.
- Select the site for which to create an API key.
- Click on the ‘Create’ button.
- Click on the ‘Continue’ button.
Note: Copy the created API key and paste it into a secure document, as you will be asked for it later in Zapiet. If you lose the AntsRoute API key, you can generate a new one at any time.
Connect AntsRoute with Zapiet (Store Pickup + Delivery)
Go to your Shopify account and follow the steps below:
- Go to ‘Apps’ tab.
- Click on ‘Zapiet Store Pickup + Delivery’.
- Go to the ‘Settings’ tab.
- Click on ‘Last mile delivery’.
- Click on the ‘Activate AntsRoute’ button.
- Enter the API key you got in the previous step and click ‘Activate AntsRoute’.
Note: When refreshing the page, you can see an ‘Active’ tag next to the AntsRoute module.
Setting up the AntsRoute module on Zapiet
- Click on ‘Configure settings’.
- First, fill in the field ‘Duration’.
- Enter a support email address.
- Choose the store (‘Locations’) for which the orders will be sent to AntsRoute to manage the deliveries.
Note: The duration is the default time required to unload the goods from the vehicle and hand them over to the customer. If you let this field blank it will be 10 minutes by default.
Note: This is an email address that we will use to inform you if there are any problems with the sending of orders to AntsRoute.
Note: Make sure to add a contact name and phone number for this site.
Create ‘Total number’ and ‘Weight’ capabilities on AntsRoute
The creation of these capacities will allow you to manage the quantities that can be shipped by each of the vehicles during a route.
- Go to the ‘Settings’ module.
- Click on the ‘Capacities’ tab.
- Click on the ‘Add’ button located at the top right.
- Fill in the two capacities below :
- Total number (Name) / Items (unit) / Optional (validation mode) ;
- Weight (Name) / g (unit) / Optional (validation mode) ;
Determine the capacities of the vehicles
- Go to the ‘Resources’ module.
- Click on the ‘Vehicles’ tab.
- For the first vehicle, click on ‘…‘ and ‘Edit’.
Note: To send orders to AntsRoute, your customers will need to choose the ‘Local delivery’ option during checkout. Customers can choose a delivery date and time slot.
Note: The price of the order, the payment method and the notes added by the customer are displayed in the ‘Comments’ field on AntsRoute.
Note: If you want to see the quantities of each product delivered on AntsRoute, you can create custom fields (Settings > Custom Fields). For products that exist in different colors, for example, you can add a dash between the product name and the color variation. For example, ‘sofa – gray’.
Related articles 🔍