Set up the AntsRoute module from Odoo
AntsRoute has a connector with the Odoo platform that allows you to transfer your delivery orders from Odoo to AntsRoute to optimize your delivery routes. You can find this connector directly in the Odoo apps catalog.In order to set up a connection between these two tools, you just have to follow these few steps which will be detailed below:
Step 1: Download the AntsRoute module from your Odoo account
- Click on the “Apps” module.
- Search “AntsRoute” via the search bar.
- Click on the “Install” button.
Step 2: Add a new Warehouse
To begin, you need to set up your warehouse by defining the address where the goods are loaded before making deliveries. Go to Inventory > Configuration > Warehouses and follow these few steps:
- Click on the “Create” button.
- Define the “Name” of your warehouse.
- Add a “Short Name ” with 5 characters max which will be displayed in the lists.
- Define the “Adresse” by clicking on “Search more” and “Create” to add a new business or select an existing one. The address of your warehouse will be the same as the one of the company you have selected.
- Determine the “AntsRoute default opening hours“.
- Click on the “Save” button.
Step 3: Add a new shipping method
Now you need to create a new shipping method from your Odoo account > Inventory > Configuration > Delivery > Shipping methods > Create. When you are in the “Inventory” module, you just have to follow these few steps:
#1 Set up the shipping method
- Click on the “Configuration” tab.
- Click on “Shipping Methods“.
- Click on “Create
- Enter the name of this new shipping method.
- Choose a “Provider” among the different options.
- Check the box “Use AntsRoute“.
- For “Delivery product”, select or add the product associated with this shipping method.
#2 Enter the AntsRoute API Key
- Go to the “AntsRoute” tab.
- Retrieve the API key from your AntsRoute account: My account > API Key > Add > Select the site for the one you need an API key > Create > Copy > Continue.
- Paste the API key retrieved from AntsRoute in the “AntsRoute API key” field of your Odoo account.
#3 Choose AntsRoute scheduling mode
- Activate or not the pick-up & delivery.
- Select the “Order destination in AntsRoute” among the two following options:
- In Organize ;
- In the bucket.
#4 Set up the AntsRoute module
- Define the “Average loading time at the warehouse” in minutes.
- Define the “ Average unloading time at customer’s” in minutes.
- Choose the available “delivery days“.
- Define the “Warehouse default opening“, i.e. the time from which a loading can be carried out at the warehouse.
- Define the “Warehouse default closing“, i.e. the time up to which a loading can be carried out at the warehouse.
- Define the “Customer default delivery start“, i.e. the time from which a delivery can be made to the customer’s.
- Define the “Customer default delivery end“, i.e. the time up to which a delivery can be made to the customer.
- Click on the “Save” button.
Step 4: Add new quotation
You can now add a first quotation and shipping order from your Odoo account > Sales > Orders > Quotations > Create.
When you are in the “Sales” module, you just have to follow these few steps:
- Click on the “Create” button to add new quotation.
- From the “customer” drop-down list, select or add a new customer.
#1 Add new customer
- From the “customer” drop-down list, add a customer by clicking on “Search more” and “Create“.
- Enter the name of the company or individual.
- Enter the address of the company (Street ; ZIP and City).
- It’s also possible to indicate the customer’s mobile and email.
- Click on the “Save” button to add this new customer.
#2 Add products to delivery
- From the “Order Lines” tab, add a product to deliver.
#3 Choose shipping method
- Click on “Add Shipping“.
- Select the shipping method using AntsRoute that you created previously.
- Click on the “Add” button.
- Click on “Confirm“.
Step 5: Send the delivery request to AntsRoute
During this last step, you will send your delivery request directly to AntsRoute by doing the following actions:
#1 Define the quantity to deliver
- Click on “Delivery“.
- Click on “Edit“.
- From “Detailed operations“, edit the quantity indicated in “Done” by entering the number of products to deliver.
- Click on the “Save” button.
#2 Request pickup
- Click on the “Request carrier pickup” button.
The delivery (and associated loading) have just been sent to AntsRoute. Depending on the destination chosen during the second step, you must go to the “Order bucket” or “Routes” tab to view this delivery (and its loading).
Information about the fields displayed in AntsRoute:
- The “Reference” field includes the Odoo quotation number and stock picking ;
- The “Description” field includes the Odoo reference of the product (if no reference has been filled in, the field contains the name of the product) ;
- The “Price” field includes the order price.
- The “Number” field includes the number of products to deliver.
- The “Weight” field includes the weight of products to deliver (positive integer).
Step 6: Access delivery status information from Odoo
From your Odoo account, you can access information about the delivery status by going to Orders > Orders > Click on order > Delivery > AntsRoute Information. You just have to click on the “Get Delivery Information” button.
You can view the following information:
- Delivery date ;
- Delivery status ;
- Driver’s name to whom the delivery is assigned ;
- Delivery signature (when the delivery is completed and confirmed from the mobile app.) ;
- Delivery photos (when the delivery is completed and confirmed from the mobile app.) ;
- Delivery comment (when the delivery is completed and confirmed from the mobile app.).
Set the frequency of data synchronization
- Enter in the ‘Settings‘ module.
- From ‘General settings‘ > ‘Developer Tools‘, click on ‘Activate the developer mode‘.
- Enter once again in the ‘Settings‘ module.
- From the ‘Technical‘ tab, click on the ‘Scheduled Actions‘.
- Click on the action ‘Antsroute – check delivery info‘.
- To change the frequency of data synchronization, you need to click on the ‘Edit‘ button in the upper left corner and set ‘Execute every … days‘.
- Click on the ‘Save‘ button.
Related articles 🔍