Manage the capacities of vehicles
The capacities make it possible to manage numerical constraints between vehicles and the different orders. It can be the volume in m3, the weight in kg, the number of pallets or the number of parcels. For example, when a vehicle has a maximum volume of 12m3, it is necessary to ensure that this volume is not exceeded when building the routes.
- Go to the ‘Settings‘ module.
- Click on the ‘Capacities‘ tab.
- Click on the blue ‘Add‘ button in the top right-hand corner.
- Fill in the following fields and click on the ‘Save‘ button.
- Name of the capacity (for example, weight) ;
- Unit of the capacity (for example, kg) ;
- Optional (adding the quantity to be transported when making an appointment is optional) or required (adding the quantity to be transported when making an appointment is required) validation mode.
Note: To delete a capacity, click on ‘…’ and ‘Delete’.
Determine the capacity of vehicles
After having added capacity(ies), it is necessary to define the carrying capacity for each vehicle of the site.
- Go to the ‘Resources‘ module.
- Click on the ‘vehicles‘ tab.
- Identify the vehicle for which a carrying capacity must be defined.
- Click on ‘…‘ and ‘Edit‘.
- From the ‘capacity types‘ window, enter an integer number for each of the listed capacities. For example, 45 for the weight. It means that this vehicle can carry 45 kg.
- Click on the blue ‘Save‘ button.
Note: The capacities can be created from the ‘General information’ page of the vehicle by clicking on the blue ‘Add capacity’ button.
Define a quantity to be carried to complete an order
Define a quantity to be carried to complete an order when manually scheduling appointments
When a certain quantity of goods must be delivered to a customer (operations or delivery), define the quantity to be delivered in the ‘capacities’ field(s) in the ‘Add appointment’ form.
Define a quantity to be carried to complete an order in the import file
The quantities to be carried for each order can also be defined in the import file. Just add a column with the header entitled ‘Cap_XXX’ in this file. ‘XXX’ corresponds to the name of one of the capacities defined in the ‘capacities’ tab. For example, Cap_Weight. Then, indicate in the cells of this column the quantity to carry for each order.
Note: The quantity indicated in the cells must correspond to an integer number. For example, when 3 parcels have to be delivered for the first order, enter 3 in the cell.
Related articles 🔍